“The fox is smart and sly as can be
And a great big bush tail has he.
He can run very fast, his fur is red
And he lives in the woods in the tree-trunk bed.”
“The Hunt” is being conducted by the invitation of the Master. Those who wish to participate, shall be prepared to do so in “full kit”, which in this case, may include the wearing of Autumnal shades of plaid, stripe, or floral, in addition to those who’ll wear the traditional red jacket & topper or equestrian riding helmet.
On this day, we shall gather for a “Meet” in the county of Snohomish which will be festively dressed in her beautiful autumn colors and setting. There, to the sound of “Tally HO!” all of “the hounds” will be encouraged to draw the covert red fox from the glen. In SITU’s version of the Hunt, no actual animal shall be harmed. It will be your OWN tracking and good sense to spy the elusive fox on the property of antique dealers. You will also likely spy prized steeds upon the “land,” but you will not be riding either British or side saddle. “Nay,” your enjoyment shall be limited to photography, admiration or the acquisition of a vintage find for your collection.
Our day begins by traveling the highway which connects the City of Seattle to Canada. From there, one will divert onto lesser traveled roadways until reaching the fertile lands of South Snohomish County, once owned by the esteemed son of the Earl of Gee. Friends of Lady Victoria’s Private Hunt Club, may be joined by the members of the SHS Hunt Club (Snohomish Historical Society) for this much anticipated gathering!
At the conclusion of the Hunt, those interested can partake in a wonderful spread of delicacies at a nearby eatery. There will NOT be any pre-arranged location, nor a pre-negotiated rate for dinner. Everyone who wishes to eat out, does so at their own risk and at their favorite location.
What to wear:
While 1870’s – 1905 Victorian/Edwardian attire is suggested, you are welcome to wear attire of any era to present, as long as it is Autumnal or “Fox Hunt” inspired.
*Remember to bring a rain brolly if damp. “Sensible shoes” is also a good idea as you may be “in the field”, cobblestone driveway, or carpeted flooring.
What to bring:
Good humour, carefree spirit, and good stories to share!
Entry Voucher for Attendance:
Lady Victoria is handling the fees on behalf of our attendees, directly to the land-holder, to be able to cross his fields for The Tour & Fox Hunt. For those traveling with Lady V, your early RSVP via the form below, will assure your place in the hunt Non-members are also welcome, provided they have preregistered so that their name/s appear on the Master Attendance List.
– Travel time is approximately 1 hour 15 minutes from central Seattle to the Everett exit (from the road leading to Canada), to our destination. Calculate your travel time accordingly in relation to central Seattle considering your starting point.
– The Hunt shall begin promptly at high noon to the notes of the bugle, the bark of the hounds, and the sound of “Tally HO!” We will have precisely 2.5 hours to locate the sly fox and lure him out of hiding. A beginning address of where you can “saddle up” will be provided prior to the event.
– Driving instructions will also be provided prior to the event.
– The cunning fox will not likely be making an appearance at any barn or exterior location, until the beginning of the Hunt.
– The retail and dining establishments of the nearby township of Snohomish, will be open for your antique shopping pleasure after the hunt.
Thank you for your interest in this fun Autumn Event.
Lady Victoria looks forward to seeing you soon!
Updated July 17, 2022